We are currently looking for an Engineering Technician.
Working within the Engineering department, you will be responsible for operating various heat exchanger testing systems and will liaise closely with other team members to build new and optimise current test and process facilities.
With world-wide use of air conditioning and other energy-hungry cooling systems growing year on year, the demand on global generating capacity is becoming significant. Today, cooling systems alone emit 7% of total GHG and consume 17% of worldwide electricity, numbers projected to double by 2030. New technologies are urgently needed to reduce the impact of these systems.
Oxford nanoSystems develops advanced and highly innovative coating technologies that enable heat exchangers to be made smaller, lighter and more efficient – and at lower cost. Our mission is to drive improvements in the cost and environmental impact of cooling, heating and energy recovery systems.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual to join our informal, innovative team.
The ideal candidate will be educated to A Level standard or HNC/HND/FdSc in a relevant engineering discipline.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate existing heat transfer testing systems, collect/process data and analyse data.
- Work closely with the company’s technical/science staff in the pre- and post-processing of the heat exchangers coating processes.
- Undertake, refrigeration training courses to gain additional appropriate skills/qualifications.
Skills and Experience:
- Practical knowledge of mechanical engineering, including machine/workshop techniques.
- Ability to work to deadlines and initiative to work without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, electronic, verbal and written.
- Able to maintain client and business confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to communicate and work closely with colleagues.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience in the design and operation of both single and two-phase heat transfer systems and fluid pumping systems.
- Previous work experience with pressurised gasses would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. Other engineering software, Autodesk/Solidworks would be desirable, but not essential.
- Basic electrical knowledge desirable.
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us. We are based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire